Need your prayers for my mom...

Help show what a forum like this can accomplish.

Need your prayers for my mom...

Postby Shelly palmer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:53 pm

"I am blessed to have so many great things in my life - family, friends and God. All will be in my thoughts daily."

Hi folks, I am here to share my experience. I am living with my family in Toronto for the past few years. My parents are an inspiration for me from my childhood. My mom was a teacher and my dad is a businessman. Even when my dad is busy with his work he finds some time every day to talk to us. I was so pleased to see the bonding and love between my parents. I really cherish those moments. My mom read everything she could get her hands on. She loved children and was an ideal teacher.

Everything was fine and happy until last year. Now, my mom is suffering from the early stages of PDD. She has developed with short term memory loss and sometimes she turns aggressive for no reason. My dad and I are having a hard time handling her. Also, sometimes she acts childish. So for the last one year, my dad worked at home to take care of her. I am a student and after returning home from college I look after her.

Now, the situation is getting worse and she is becoming more adamant day by day. She refuses to take medicines and food on time. Also, my dad has busy meetings schedules related to his work which he can't avoid. So, we are thinking to hire a nurse from one of the elder care services. Is there anyone who confronted such a situation before? Please share your experience here and keep my mom in your prayers. Thanks for the time.
Shelly palmer

Re: Need your prayers for my mom...

Postby Bill Whatcott » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Sorry to hear about your struggle with your mom. I will certainly keep these things in my prayers.

God Bless
Bill
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Prayer Requests and Devotionals