Daily Bible Reflections

Help show what a forum like this can accomplish.

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:49 pm

Friday, September 07, 2007

[i][b]“Naked a man comes from his mother’s womb, and as he comes, so he departs.â€
:cross: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:05 pm

Saturday, September 08, 2007

[i][b]“Let your patience show itself perfectly in what you do.â€
:cross: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:01 pm

Sunday, September 09, 2007

[i][b]
“Surely this was a righteous man.â€
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Monday, September 10, 2007
[i][b]
“Your life is like a mist. You can see it for a short time, but then it goes away.â€
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:35 pm

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

[i][b]
“[Love] is not rude.â€
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Now in Christ Jesus, you who were far away from God are brought near.
Ephesians 2:13

An Open Door
Nothing remains between you and God but an open door.

Something happened in the death of Christ that opened the door for you and me. And that something is described by the writer of Hebrews.

"So, brothers and sisters, we are completely free to enter the Most Holy Place without fear because of the blood of Jesus' death. We can enter through a new and living way that Jesus opened for us. It leads through the curtain–Christ's body" (Heb. 10:19-20).

To the original readers, those last four words were explosive: "the curtain–Christ's body." According to the writer, the curtain equals Jesus. Hence, whatever happened to the flesh of Jesus happened to the curtain. What happened to his flesh? It was torn. Torn by the whips, torn by the thorns. Torn by the weight of the cross and the point of the nails. But in the horror of his torn flesh, we find the splendor of the open door.

http://maxlucado.com/
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:34 pm

Thursday, September 13, 2007

[i][b]
“The One who comes from above is greater than all.â€
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:37 pm

Friday, September 14, 2007
[i][b]
“At noon the whole country was covered with darkness, which lasted for three hours.â€
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:22 pm

Saturday, September 15, 2007

[i][b]
“Be on your guard against every form of greed.â€
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:57 pm

Sunday, September 16, 2007
24th Sunday in Ordinary Time

R e f l e c t i o n

1st Reading: Exodus 32:7-11, 13-14

The people have renounced God and, in their depravity, worship an idol they made from the idols of Egypt that enslaved them. Moses implores the mercy and great power of God on behalf of his people once again and, as though he was just waiting to be asked, he relents and does them no harm. Paul writes to Timothy, telling him of his past evil, his sin, and his violence against others. He also tells Timothy what God has done for him in making him his servant in his mercy. This, too, is our situation no matter who we are-it is God's mercy that has sustained us and transformed us and made us holy/good.

Jesus tells three stories about the mercy of God, about forgiveness and trying to keep the sheep together. He goes after the lost sheep that strays, leaving the others to fend for themselves (take care of each other). The woman loses a coin (part of her dowry) and searches for it to put it back on the belt that she wears. And the father wishes both his sons would recognize his own love for them and, in mercy, to forgive one another and come back together as brothers. We are all the beloved of God and our relationships with God the Father are only as good as our relationships with each other. Do we live in such a way that we nurture and strengthen the communion of the Church and of all peoples?

Gospel: Luke 15:1-32

Tax collectors and sinners were seeking the company of Jesus, all of them eager to hear what he had to say. But the Pharisees and the scribes frowned at this, muttering. "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them." So Jesus told them this parable:

"Who among you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, will not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and seek out the lost one till he finds it? And finding it, will he not joyfully carry it home on his shoulders? Then he will call his friends and neighbors together and say: 'Celebrate with me for I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you, just so, there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one repentant sinner than over ninety-nine upright who do not need to repent.

"What woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one, will not light a lamp and sweep the house in a thorough search till she finds the lost coin? And finding it, she will call her friends and neighbors and say: 'Celebrate with me for I have found the silver coin I lost!' I tell you, in the same way there is rejoicing among the angels of God over one repentant sinner."

Jesus continued, "There was a man with two sons. The younger said to his father: 'Give me my share of the estate.' So the father divided his property between them.
"Some days later, the younger son gathered all his belongings and started off for a distant land where he squandered his wealth in loose living. Having spent everything, he was hard pressed when a severe famine broke out in that land. So he hired himself out to a well-to-do citizen of that place and was sent to work on a pig farm. So famished was he that he longed to fill his stomach even with the food given to the pigs, but no one offered him anything.

Finally coming to his senses, he said: 'How many of my father's hired workers have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will get up and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against God and before you. I no longer deserve to be called your son. Treat me then as one of your hired servants.' With that thought in mind he set off for his father's house.

He was still a long way off when his father caught sight of him. His father was so deeply moved with compassion that he ran out to meet him, threw his arms around his neck and kissed him. The son said: 'Father, I have sinned against Heaven and before you. I no longer deserve to be called your son…'

But the father turned to his servants: 'Quick! Bring out the finest robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Take the fattened calf and kill it. We shall celebrate and have a feast, for this son of mine was dead and has come back to life. He was lost and is found.' And the celebration began.

Meanwhile, the elder son had been working in the fields. As he returned and was near the house, he heard the sound of music and dancing. He called one of the servants and asked what it was all about. The servant answered: 'Your brother has come home safe and sound, and your father is so happy about it that he has ordered this celebration and killed the fattened calf.'

The elder son became angry and refused to go in. His father came out and pleaded with him. The indignant son said: 'Look, I have slaved for you all these years. Never have I disobeyed your orders. Yet you have never given me even a young goat to celebrate with my friends. Then when this son of yours returns after squandering your property with loose women, you kill the fattened calf for him.'

The father said: 'My son, you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But this brother of yours was dead, and has come back to life. He was lost and is found. And for that we had to rejoice and be glad.'"

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.as ... egoryid=10
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby Ben Kenobi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:36 am

Thank you for posting this Ev8 :) Much appreciated.
Last edited by Ben Kenobi on Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.
Ben Kenobi
FNA Teacher
FNA Teacher

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:00 pm

Monday, September 17, 2007

[i][b]
“He is not here; he has risen from the dead.â€
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

[i][b]“I will go to the altar of God, to God who is my joy and happiness.â€
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby evolution8 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:07 pm

Wednesday, September 19, 2007
[i][b]
“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!â€
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Daily Bible Reflections

Postby Bill Whatcott » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:27 pm

[quote=""evolution8""]Wednesday, September 19, 2007
[i][b]
“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!â€
:cross:Christ is the answer!
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator