Born in a Graveyard

A place just to get together and chat about whatever.

Born in a Graveyard

Postby SaintNobody » Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi Bill. I just read your book Born in a Graveyard. It was a very interesting read. It only took me two days to finish it. I really enjoyed the anecdotes in it.

I have a question. I felt like you skirted around your religious background a little bit towards the end of the book. Aren't you Catholic? I ask this because it was mentioned that your current wife did not get an annulment.

I know I'm being a bit of a religious pecksniffer, but seeing as you let it all hang out in your book anyway, I thought I'd ask... :)
SaintNobody
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Re: Born in a Graveyard

Postby Bill Whatcott » Mon May 12, 2014 10:46 am

No problem. First of all I was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Fort MacMurray and seeing as I wanted to have my wedding in Singapore (my favourite country to this day) my Pastor researched and suggested Queenstown Lutheran Church in Singapore. Annulments are not required there. The Pastor did look at the reasons for our previous marriage breakdowns and I was certainly honest and I believe my wife was honest about her background and the Pastor decided to marry us and we were active in his church while we were there.

I did make inquiries about annulments in the Philippines and found that the cost of obtaining one is $3000 Cdn. My wife only makes $300 -$400 Cdn a month. It is impossible for her to save that sort of money and given that I lost my nursing career and am relatively unemployable in terms of decent paying jobs due to failing background checks because of my rather outspoken defense of the God ordained family unit and unborn, I don't have $3000 to give to a canon law lawyer either. Even if I did have $3000 kicking around I am not so sure I like the system enough to send the extra cash a canon law lawyer anyways. I would rather spend $3000 on flyers which spiritually speaking does more good and saves more lives than giving it to to a canon law lawyer who will happily find grounds for your annulment if you are a Manila movie star, but doesn't have the time of day for you, if you are a poor 21 year old woman who makes maybe $200 month Cdn as a hairdresser and whose husband abandons you for another guy and then the only impediment for her ever finding a decent husband in her lifetime and having children is the need to come up with $3000. Indeed young girls like that often wind up common law or in civil marriages and my advice to those who have a problem with these poor women or with Bill Whatcott who gets married elsewhere and saves himself $3000, is the pious one can pay the $3000 and save our souls from hell if they really believe that is what God wants...... :happy:
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SaintNobody » Mon May 12, 2014 10:18 pm

So if understand correctly, you are not Catholic at this point?

Normally, people should not be denied access to the annulment process due to financial hardship.
SaintNobody
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby Bill Whatcott » Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 am

No, actually for the past two years I have been attending a Catholic Church in Weyburn (the Lutheran one has a female minister and ordains sodomites). In Canada an annulment is based on income and may cost nothing actually. Also in Canada annulments are only relevant to one's status in the Catholic church and are of no consequence from a legal perspective.

In the Philippines it's an entirely different matter. I did not know it when Joni and I got married, but the Filipino state plays a direct role in the annulment matter. Even though Joni's ex-husband divorced her in the United States and re-married an American and even though Joni and I are married legally in Singapore, the Philippines still wants her to get a $3000 annulment before the government recognizes our marriage, which actually effects my ability to sponsor her to Canada......

Anyways, I don't really mind talking about this stuff and folks are free to pass their judgments as they see fit. Joni on the other hand has just sent me a message that she would rather not talk about this.......
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Return to The Friendly Place