Newer cars aren't as good as older vehicles

A place just to get together and chat about whatever.

Newer cars aren't as good as older vehicles

Postby Tory_canuck » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:28 am

Today, I was driving down Gaetz and 77 street in Red Deer.I was switching lanes to turn left.I turned on my signal light, looked in the mirror and shoulder checked.I did not see the other vehicle approaching.We collided.My vehicle, a 1995 ford explorer only recieved a scratch, but the other driver's care got its mirror damaged, and its passenger door wont open...The other car was a 2001 Chrysler Sebring....

There was no injuries, but I am kinda stiff in my shoulders due to the stress....Luckily, I am fully insured and have had no previous tickets or accidents.This just happened to be one of those wrong place at the wrong time scenarios...as well as the fact, I was tired and was going out that way to a Filipino restaraunt to celebrate with a good dinner (no alcahol beverages since I was driving) finishing a big real estate file project which was really stressful.
Tory_canuck
FNA Employee
FNA Employee

Re: Newer cars aren't as good as older vehicles

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:41 am

Glad to hear you were not hurt. Be careful and cautious when changing lanes. I tend to do that sort of thing slowly even after shoulder checking, just in case....
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Newer cars aren't as good as older vehicles

Postby evolution8 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:44 pm

Tory_canuck wrote:Today, I was driving down Gaetz and 77 street in Red Deer.I was switching lanes to turn left.I turned on my signal light, looked in the mirror and shoulder checked.I did not see the other vehicle approaching.We collided.My vehicle, a 1995 ford explorer only recieved a scratch, but the other driver's care got its mirror damaged, and its passenger door wont open...The other car was a 2001 Chrysler Sebring....

There was no injuries, but I am kinda stiff in my shoulders due to the stress....Luckily, I am fully insured and have had no previous tickets or accidents.This just happened to be one of those wrong place at the wrong time scenarios...as well as the fact, I was tired and was going out that way to a Filipino restaraunt to celebrate with a good dinner (no alcahol beverages since I was driving) finishing a big real estate file project which was really stressful.

Hi Tory!

Your car being in the SUV category is more compact than the Sebring which is a sedan, plus you have to consider both vehicles' height and dimension.
I'm driving for more than 18 years now and luckily I haven't been involved in any accident.
But anyways, I'm glad you're safe and nobody got hurt. Be more cautious next time....

Congratulations also for quitting the alcoholic stuff. That's quite an accomplishment! :icon_cool: respect001
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Return to The Friendly Place