Got rear ended on Tuesday

A place just to get together and chat about whatever.

Got rear ended on Tuesday

Postby Tory_canuck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 am

This is all from the past few days.

December 14, 2010

Today I was rear ended when I was about to make a right turn. I yielded to the right of way for the traffic as per the yield sign posted in the right turn lane and then all of a sudden I got hit from behind. I was driving my SUV and the other driver was driving a car. I yielded as per what I was supposed to do with respect to the law. The other driver did not slow down and was not driving according to the icy road conditions. She was 100 percent at fault because in Alberta, you are completely at fault if you rear end someone. My paralegal training kicked in and I switched driver information with respect to insurance and license and registration information. I then went to the police station and filled out the forms. After that, I went straight to the doctor since my back and neck were starting to hurt. The injuries I have are whiplash along with a minor concussion. She hit me pretty hard. The back bumper of my explorer was damaged, I will be contacting my insurance company tomorrow so we can proceed with suing her insurance company for damages with respect to injuries and property damage. My back and neck are pretty sore and i have a headache but my paralegal training saved me from panicking.I was given anti inflammatory meds and some muscle relaxants for the whiplash. I will also be going to physiotherapy with respect to the whiplash. The other driver was not driving with caution according to the icy road conditions.This all happened at the right turning lane by the yield sign by the fas gas near westpark in Red Deer.She hit me pretty hard and I will be trying to stay awake for the next while due to the concussion.

December 15, 2010

I went to try and get some xrays done since I had a hunch and the idiots just felt my spine and said I would get over it soon. I went to the mall, and there was a kiosk for a private chiropractor and they were doing free spinal health checks. They checked mine and there was definitely damage and a nerve being pinched. My lower and middle back hurts more than up since most of the impact was lower....I was driving my explorer and the lady was driving a little sunfire. I am going to see if my insurance company will cover me if I go to the private chiropractor clinic and get assessed there. The Xrays there will cost $100 so I might have to ask my dad to help me out with that. I am not worried about suing as I am about getting the injuries dealt with so there will be minimal pain and I can get back to or get close to being back to the way I was before the accident. I can't climb now nor can I run. I can't sit for long periods of time without it getting painful..I have to get up every few minutes and walk around so the pain will ease down

December 17, 2010

Yesterday I went to the clinic and got a referral for xrays. The doctor said he could feel that there was something not quite right with my back. I also got a letter for my employer to put me on light duties. I am now awaiting the xray results. I start physio on Monday and my insurance section B benefits cover that along with medication. My insurance company will pay the retainer and lawsuit.
Tory_canuck
FNA Employee
FNA Employee

Re: Got rear ended on Tuesday

Postby Bill Whatcott » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Geeze, sorry to hear this, especially at Christmas time...... sad1

I hope and pray you receive enough compensation to get the treatment needed to fully recover......

I seems clear the lady in the Sunfire was going way too fast and traveling too close for our winter road conditions...
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Got rear ended on Tuesday

Postby evolution8 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Sorry to hear this... sad1

You have a strong case, even here in the Philippines that driver who rear-ended you would pay the damages, both property damages and bodily injuries if any: that is if her vehicle is covered with comprehensive insurance but if there's none and the driver is poor, you will just get pissed off of the red tapes you will undergo and forget the whole thing...very sad really!

Anyways, thank God you didn't get serious injuries. I pray you get well soon! pray1
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Return to The Friendly Place