News Junkies -- are you one?

You got an opinion, essay or argument of your own? If you think its good put it here!

Postby Banned_from_FD » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:32 am

i am, i spend an hour or two everyday reading news

from many diverse sources, right, left and center

i also watch a little CNN, Foxnews, CNBC and some CBC and CTV ... not too much

i also listen to a daily podcast that features current events, often while surfing this forum

[size=16px]so i am an un-repentant NEWS JUNKIE[/size]

[size=24px]are you? where do you get your fix?[/size]

i am asking because i often read posts here form clearly intelligent people who somehow miss major parts of news stories, it puzzles me sometimes
Banned_from_FD
FNA Teacher
FNA Teacher

Re: News Junkies -- are you one?

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:07 am

\"Banned_from_FD\" wrote:i am, i spend an hour or two everyday reading news

i also listen to a daily podcast that features current events, often while surfing this forum

i am asking because i often read posts here form clearly intelligent people who somehow miss major parts of news stories, it puzzles me sometimes

The only worthwhile news sources are the ones my site links too ie: Lifesite news.....
All other news sources can go eat cake........ :mrgreen:
:cross:Christ is the answer!
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Banned_from_FD » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:15 am

so if lifesite does not report it .... it did not happen?

makes no sense
Banned_from_FD
FNA Teacher
FNA Teacher

Postby paisley_cross » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:44 am

There is no such thing as a good news source. You really need to look at various sources before you concluding that you have a proper perspective on a story. That's what I do.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
paisley_cross
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby zip.com » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:29 pm

\"paisley_cross\" wrote:

There is no such thing as a good news source. You really need to look at various sources before you concluding that you have a proper perspective on a story. That's what I do.

Yes there is. It's FOX news channel, in particular, Bill O'Reilly. I watch him every evening. I also like Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham and of course, Ann Coulter. All good and reliable sources of the truth and news.

I trust them and rely mostly on what they report and write. Their opinions are to be listened to. They usually measure up too.
Abortion: The Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.
zip.com
FNA Employee
FNA Employee

Postby paisley_cross » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:54 pm

\"zip.com\" wrote:
\"paisley_cross\" wrote:

Yes there is. It's FOX news channel, in particular, Bill O'Reilly. I watch him every evening. I also like Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham and of course, Ann Coulter. All good and reliable sources of the truth and news.

I trust them and rely mostly on what they report and write. Their opinions are to be listened to. They usually measure up too.

I never use only one source of news. Always two, usually three. I want to ensure that I am getting a rounded view of events. With O'Reilly you get opinion mixed up as facts.
paisley_cross
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby evolution8 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Honestly Banned, I don't have any idea which of your news sources are left, right or middle! :mrgreen: What I do is google for the hottest news online and post them here.

Anyway, since I am a so-con I enjoy reading LifeSiteNews articles, other Pro-Life stuff and most especially my daily Bible reflections. I also read magazines pertaining to Family, Home Improvement, Cooking, Cars and would you believe.....Guns! :mrgreen:
:cross: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Postby paisley_cross » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:23 pm

\"evolution8\" wrote:Honestly Banned, I don't have any idea which of your news sources are left, right or middle! :mrgreen: What I do is google for the hottest news online and post them here.

Anyway, since I am a so-con I enjoy reading LifeSiteNews articles, other Pro-Life stuff and most especially my daily Bible reflections. I also read magazines pertaining to Family, Home Improvement, Cooking, Cars and would you believe.....Guns! :mrgreen:

The best overall news source I have found is the London Daily Telegraph - conservative, solid commentary, incidentally, the most sympathetic of the British media to the Catholic Church. Also, The Scotsman. In Canada, The National Post and G&M. Never one source in the US but I often go to CNN, Fox, NY Times, LA Times. Because I am not religious I rarely go to such sites.
paisley_cross
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby Banned_from_FD » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:07 pm

\"zip.com\" wrote:
\"paisley_cross\" wrote:

Yes there is. It's FOX news channel, in particular, [size=18px]Bill O'Reilly[/size]. I watch him every evening. I also like Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham and of course, Ann Coulter. All good and reliable sources of the truth and news.

Remember when Bill O'Loofa said he would destroy our economy if we did not surrender some AWOL US soldiers???? But we dared followed our laws and geve them their day in court?

How did that turn out???? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Their economy and currency are in the tank, ours is better than it has ever been in my lifetime. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Does the Paris Business Review mean anything to you Zip? Billy pulled that out of his butt.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200405020006
Banned_from_FD
FNA Teacher
FNA Teacher

Postby paisley_cross » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:30 am

\"Banned_from_FD\" wrote:
\"zip.com\" wrote:
\"paisley_cross\" wrote:

Yes there is. It's FOX news channel, in particular, [size=18px]Bill O'Reilly[/size]. I watch him every evening. I also like Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham and of course, Ann Coulter. All good and reliable sources of the truth and news.

Remember when Bill O'Loofa said he would destroy our economy if we did not surrender some AWOL US soldiers???? But we dared followed our laws and geve them their day in court?

How did that turn out???? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Their economy and currency are in the tank, ours is better than it has ever been in my lifetime. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Does the Paris Business Review mean anything to you Zip? Billy pulled that out of his butt.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200405020006

O'Reilly and Coulter are not news sources they provide opinion. And because they are on TV they are also expected to be entertaining. That is why my news sources are either in print or on the internet, never from the idiot box.
paisley_cross
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby Banned_from_FD » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:15 am

Bang on Paisley.

That is exactly my thoughts on the matter.

If you only get one side of the story you end up with a warped view of the world.
Banned_from_FD
FNA Teacher
FNA Teacher

Return to Opinion and Rhetoric Room