Elections BC, latest fallout over Operation Biblical Shock &

Get togethers, protests, pickets, activism, discuss it here!

Elections BC, latest fallout over Operation Biblical Shock &

Postby Bill Whatcott » Tue May 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Dear Friends,

Here is the truthful and Biblical flyer that has sparked this harrassment from Elections BC: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10624

Elections BC claims they are "non-partisan" but I am going to take an educated guess that if I cobbled together $100 from my friends and put out 1500 flyers on say "climate change" and blasted a BC Liberal for not doing enough to ruin the economy to allegedly save the planet, I am going to guess I would not be getting this threat letter today.... angry4

Anyways my lawyer Dr. Lugosi and the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms is looking at this. I have no interest in registering with Elections BC or any other government agency when I put out truthful flyers whether the topic be homosexuality, abortion, or an NDP candidate's gender confusion, therefore I have elected to not respond to this letter beyond forwarding it to my counsel and putting it up on my website as of 4:30 pm today. (the government's deadline that they imposed on me)

In Christ's Service
Bill Whatcott

"Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong." Ron Paul

ELECTIONS BC
A non partisan office of the Legislature

Mailing Address:
PO Box 9275 Sin Prov Govt
Victoria BC \/8W 9J6

Phone: 250-387-5305
Toll-free: 1-800 661-8683/ TTY 1-888-456-5448
Fax: 250-387-3578
Toll-free Fax: 1-866-466-0665

Location: Suite 100 - 1112 Fort Street, Victoria BC, Email: efeclionsbc@elections.be.ca Website: http://www.elections.bc.ca

May 1, 2017

Dear Mr. Whatcott:

It has come to the attention of Elections BC that you have sponsored election advertising in the form of a flyer distributed in the electoral district of Vancouver-False Creek.

Section 228 of the Election Act defines election advertising as the transmission to the public by any means, during a campaign period, of an advertising message that piomotes on opposes, directly or indirectly, a registered political party or the election of a candidate, including an advertising message that takes a position on an issue with which a registered political party or candidate is associated.

The flyer you have created and distributed meets this definition and is election advertising.

The Election Act requires any individual or organization, other than a candidate, registered political party or a registered constituency association, who conducts election advertising to be registered with Elections BC. Since you have sponsored the election advertising, you must register with Elections BC forthwith. Please complete the attached registration form and return it to Elections BC by 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 2, 2017.

The completed registration form can be scanned and emailed directly to me at: nola.western@elections.bc.ca.

Furthermore, section 231 of the Election Act requires election advertising to include an authorization statement that indicates the name of the sponsor, indicates that the sponsor is registered under the Election Act and that the advertising is authorized by the sponsor and includes a B.C. phone number or mailing address. For example, “Authorized by John Smith, registered sponsor under the Election Act. 604-123-1234.”

Since the election advertising you have already conducted does not include the required authorization statement you must remove or recover all of the election advertising, you have posted and distributed until you have registered and added the authorization statement.

Failing to register as an election advertising sponsor is an offence under section 264 of the Election Act. It is also an offence to sponsor election advertising that does not identify the sponsor as required by s. 231. The penalties for each offence include a fine of up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment for up to one year.

If you have any questions regarding election advertising, please do not hesitate to contact Elections BC. We look forward to receiving your application to be registered as an elections advertising sponsor by 4:30 pm, May 2, 2017.

Sincerely,
M. Nola Western,CPA, CA
Deputy Chief Electoral Officer, Funding & Disclosure

"A ruler who lacks understanding is a great oppressor." Proverbs 28:16
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Gatherings and Activism