Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Get togethers, protests, pickets, activism, discuss it here!

Should the Edmonton Police Hate Crimes unit arrest Bill Whatcott to prevent the distribution of "Ed Stelmach and anal warts?"

Poll runs till Tue Jan 16, 2046 12:59 am

Yes
2
14%
No
12
86%
Unsure
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 14

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby paisley_cross » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:35 am

\"zip.com\" wrote:
\"Ben Kenobi\" wrote:
It's a good rule Bill, not to appoint anyone who requests the job. You'll see why I'm sure in a few months.


One more thing, that is SO funny or prescient? I said the about the same thing to Bill in my last email to him. I told him if things continued on with this "moderator" he will see an exodus of posters from this site. He, Evolution and Banned might have to post amongst themselves -- hope they like it. :mrgreen:


What's wrong with Banned and Evolution? I have seen nothing offensive in their posts?

As for Banned being a moderator I guess that's up to the site owner. After 65 posts only Ben has come after me - and I thought it was reasonable in the circumstances.

I will NOT, however, allow other posters, such as Yeh, to come on here and defame Christianity and all the things that I hold sacred, all in the name of "intelligent debate"


I am not much of a fan of religion but if I comment about it I will not in any way be defamatory.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
User avatar
paisley_cross
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:23 am
Location: Green & Fulbar

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:19 am

\"Ben Kenobi\" wrote:
Even though he is often posting to the contrary of what we believe, he does so within the rules (you can check his entire posting history and it speaks for itself). He has attacked my values and ideas ferociously but he has never gone over the line. He respects the admins and most importantly he understands and respects our philosophy.


As opposed to the rest of us here?

Why don't you tell people the real reason that Banned was chosen? He asked for the job.

It's a good rule Bill, not to appoint anyone who requests the job. You'll see why I'm sure in a few months.


Ben you really are a complete twit.....
Banned never asked for the job. I asked him.....
Yeah two sides of the story. In the view of admin there was no reason to delete the thread. You disagreed and did it anyways. (more than once) You feel that was right and that is why you are not the moderator. I have no interest in continuing this discussion. You posted your version and called me a liar. You are free to post wherever you wish. No one will force you or Zip to post here. Banned is not deleting threads he shouldn't and he is not disrespecting our rules or Christian posters. We stand by our choice to make him moderator. If this other site likes your style then in this great democracy you should be moderator there.
:cross:Christ is the answer!
User avatar
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 6768
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Edmonton, AB

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:22 am

Ben Kenobi
It's a good rule Bill, not to appoint anyone who requests the job. You'll see why I'm sure in a few months.


Actually Tory Canuck did approach us and ask for the job. That was many months ago and we are happy to have her. She does a fine job...... :mrgreen:

But really guys and gals instead of using our forum as a platform to run down the site why not do something constructive? Either post here and make it a better place or if you think the way we are running the place is beyond redemption go somewhere else....

This place is alot of work for Evolution8 and I. It has cost me alot of money. We consult with each other and with those we trust. At the end of the day we do make the rules and exercise discretion in how we enforce them. You have to respect this.......
:cross:Christ is the answer!
User avatar
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 6768
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Edmonton, AB

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby evolution8 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:03 pm

First off Sean, Banned DID NOT ask for the mod position, Bill and I asked him to help us keep our site porn/spam free.

Second, I'm so disappointed you're calling Bill a liar. Prior to your thread deletions we(You, TOry, Bill and I) had a voice conference and we've made it clear that it's important that we keep all postings good or bad, intact. (Tory could attest to this) Still, you deleted those posts and it wasn't the first time, you did it more than twice without consulting us.

Our initial reaction was to ban you after your conversation with Bill and Tory (I have the conversation history saved even though I wasn"t there). But we had second thoughts and we rescinded the ban despite your unbecoming conduct.

http://www.freenorthamerica.com/viewtop ... sc&start=0
:cross: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 9291
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:08 am
Location: Philippines

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby evolution8 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:17 pm

\"Ben Kenobi\" wrote:
They are not mutually exclusive. If fact I would suggest that given how free speech is under attack from a number of sides in Canada I would suggest the defining difference between liberalism and conservatism is that the former believe in censorship while the latter do not.


If you believe that why would you support a liberal being in the position where they can exercise censorship?


I guess you've missed a lot of readings here. Banned has made it clear that he will only delete porn/spam threads and will never delete a thread/posts that he disagrees on.

http://www.freenorthamerica.com/viewtopic.php?t=1566
:cross: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 9291
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:08 am
Location: Philippines

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby zip.com » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:30 pm

\"Bill Whatcott\" wrote:Ben Kenobi
It's a good rule Bill, not to appoint anyone who requests the job. You'll see why I'm sure in a few months.


Actually Tory Canuck did approach us and ask for the job. That was many months ago and we are happy to have her. She does a fine job...... :mrgreen:

But really guys and gals instead of using our forum as a platform to run down the site why not do something constructive? Either post here and make it a better place or if you think the way we are running the place is beyond redemption go somewhere else....

This place is alot of work for Evolution8 and I. It has cost me alot of money. We consult with each other and with those we trust. At the end of the day we do make the rules and exercise discretion in how we enforce them. You have to respect this.......


Either post here and make it a better place or if you think the way we are running the place is beyond redemption go somewhere else....

Yah, I'm just getting used to a new place. Will take some time to get to know the people there. But for now, I will use this place for awhile.
Abortion: The Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.
User avatar
zip.com
FNA Employee
FNA Employee
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:09 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby paisley_cross » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:32 pm

\"evolution8\" wrote:
\"Ben Kenobi\" wrote:
They are not mutually exclusive. If fact I would suggest that given how free speech is under attack from a number of sides in Canada I would suggest the defining difference between liberalism and conservatism is that the former believe in censorship while the latter do not.


If you believe that why would you support a liberal being in the position where they can exercise censorship?


I guess you've missed a lot of readings here. Banned has made it clear that he will only delete porn/spam threads and will never delete a thread/posts that he disagrees on.

http://www.freenorthamerica.com/viewtopic.php?t=1566


I haven't read a thread like this since I posted (briefly) on Babble. That's the only forum I have been on where you could be banned simply because the moderater does not agree with you.

I'm glad to see Bill that that is not the policy here.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
User avatar
paisley_cross
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:23 am
Location: Green & Fulbar

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Your choice Zip
Because you are pro-life and a Christian we have been very tolerant of you. You are free to post your views here. We just ask that you respect our forum and not use it as a platform to run the place down.
:cross:Christ is the answer!
User avatar
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 6768
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Edmonton, AB

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby zip.com » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:36 pm

\"Bill Whatcott\" wrote:Your choice Zip
Because you are pro-life and a Christian we have been very tolerant of you. You are free to post your views here. We just ask that you respect our forum and not use it as a platform to run the place down.


Gee thanks. :roll:
Abortion: The Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.
User avatar
zip.com
FNA Employee
FNA Employee
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:09 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:43 pm

Paisley_cross
I haven't read a thread like this since I posted (briefly) on Babble. That's the only forum I have been on where you could be banned simply because the moderater does not agree with you.

I'm glad to see Bill that that is not the policy here.


Seriously Paisley this is one of the most tolerant sites for views on the net and as you can see we even tolerate some non productive crap in a quest to be fair to our members. We do ban when we have to. We ban when we feel a member is just causing trouble on our site and is offering nothing constructive. If someone shows even a minimal amount of respect and posts on just about any topic under the sun with a small amount of maturity you can go your life here without being banned.

The admins are conservative Christians. Our one mod is a Christian and Banned is not but he is a great help with deleting porn and spam. He respects evolution8 and I. He respects the board is run by Christians. He understands our philosophy here is political and religious freedom. We are happy with him and we think if members focus on debate and news rather than nonesense we will grow and do a lot of good for freedom in Canada.
:cross:Christ is the answer!
User avatar
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 6768
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Edmonton, AB

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby evolution8 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:48 pm

\"paisley_cross\" wrote:
\"zip.com\" wrote:
\"Ben Kenobi\" wrote:
It's a good rule Bill, not to appoint anyone who requests the job. You'll see why I'm sure in a few months.


One more thing, that is SO funny or prescient? I said the about the same thing to Bill in my last email to him. I told him if things continued on with this "moderator" he will see an exodus of posters from this site. He, Evolution and Banned might have to post amongst themselves -- hope they like it. :mrgreen:


What's wrong with Banned and Evolution? I have seen nothing offensive in their posts?

As for Banned being a moderator I guess that's up to the site owner. After 65 posts only Ben has come after me - and I thought it was reasonable in the circumstances.


Thank you Paisley, you know it really saddens me that a Catholic like Zip would behave this way. She's understandably miffed we got a "liberal" as mod but you see, the liberal is behaving more than the Catholic here! :cry2:
:cross: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 9291
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:08 am
Location: Philippines

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby paisley_cross » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:00 pm

\"evolution8\" wrote:
\"paisley_cross\" wrote:
\"zip.com\" wrote:
\"Ben Kenobi\" wrote:
It's a good rule Bill, not to appoint anyone who requests the job. You'll see why I'm sure in a few months.


One more thing, that is SO funny or prescient? I said the about the same thing to Bill in my last email to him. I told him if things continued on with this "moderator" he will see an exodus of posters from this site. He, Evolution and Banned might have to post amongst themselves -- hope they like it. :mrgreen:


What's wrong with Banned and Evolution? I have seen nothing offensive in their posts?

As for Banned being a moderator I guess that's up to the site owner. After 65 posts only Ben has come after me - and I thought it was reasonable in the circumstances.


Thank you Paisley, you know it really saddens me that a Catholic like Zip would behave this way. She's understandably miffed we got a "liberal" as mod but you see, the liberal is behaving more than the Catholic here! :cry2:


I don't see how's one's political philosophy is relevant to moderating. So long as you abide by the rules anyone -- left, right, center or indifferent -- can moderate. One of the nice things here is that one is not conscious of who the moderators are - a good sign.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
User avatar
paisley_cross
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:23 am
Location: Green & Fulbar

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby evolution8 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm

\"zip.com\" wrote:
\"Bill Whatcott\" wrote:Ben Kenobi
It's a good rule Bill, not to appoint anyone who requests the job. You'll see why I'm sure in a few months.


Actually Tory Canuck did approach us and ask for the job. That was many months ago and we are happy to have her. She does a fine job...... :mrgreen:

But really guys and gals instead of using our forum as a platform to run down the site why not do something constructive? Either post here and make it a better place or if you think the way we are running the place is beyond redemption go somewhere else....

This place is alot of work for Evolution8 and I. It has cost me alot of money. We consult with each other and with those we trust. At the end of the day we do make the rules and exercise discretion in how we enforce them. You have to respect this.......


Either post here and make it a better place or if you think the way we are running the place is beyond redemption go somewhere else....

Yah, I'm just getting used to a new place. Will take some time to get to know the people there. But for now, I will use this place for awhile.


Oh yeah, good luck, i'm sure the self-confessed heathens and company will enjoy your not so pleasant sense of humor there. :mrgreen:

I understand you've just been banned because of your unbecoming conduct on another thread,so :byesign:
Last edited by evolution8 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:cross: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 9291
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:08 am
Location: Philippines

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby paisley_cross » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:31 pm

\"evolution8\" wrote:I understand you've just been banned because of your unbecoming conduct on another thread,so :byesign:


I guess that's because of her argument with Bill about Banned becoming a mediator. Zip was in the wrong. Bill made a choice. It's only fair to give Banned a chance in the job.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
User avatar
paisley_cross
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:23 am
Location: Green & Fulbar

Hate Crimes Unit called over Ed Stelmach and anal warts

Postby evolution8 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:49 pm

\"paisley_cross\" wrote:
\"evolution8\" wrote:I understand you've just been banned because of your unbecoming conduct on another thread,so :byesign:


I guess that's because of her argument with Bill about Banned becoming a mediator. Zip was in the wrong. Bill made a choice. It's only fair to give Banned a chance in the job.


Thanks again Paisley. I really hope and pray that everyone here would have an open-mind like you do. :disg69:
:cross: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 9291
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:08 am
Location: Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Gatherings and Activism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest