Whatcott School Adventures and Activist Update

Get togethers, protests, pickets, activism, discuss it here!

Re: Whatcott School Adventures and Activist Update

Postby Bill Whatcott » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Ben Kenobi wrote:
Hi Ben, it's nice to see you back!
What have you been doing?

Well I was working full-time for John Hof and Campaign life but he had to let me go. Other than that my family went down to spread my dad's ashes in Campbell River. It looks like I'll be working for the public library here doing inventory control.

I've applied at Weyland Baptist out in Lubbock for my teacher training, hopefully will get in. If accepted I should be able to get in on a student visa.

God bless,
Sean

Yeah, Luther is definitely not a big hit in some circles.

Still on abortion, sodomy and contraception he is actually closer to the truth than many Catholics are today...

Anyways in seminary I spent quite some amount of time writing on him and am of the opinion many Catholic apologists demonize him more than is fair....

At any rate I am not following Luther and fully see him as a fallen man who was used by God to expose some serious corruption and errors of the time. The one we must follow is Jesus Christ as it is Him alone who can save us...... :cross: Jesus1 pray1

"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
Galatians 3:26-28

Anyways you are no longer in Prince George? Campbell River is on Vancouver Island is it not? I heard some of the biggest Black Bears in the world are there....

Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ben Kenobi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm a convert from the Mennonite church, Luther used to execute Mennonites for denying Christian baptism. I don't think Catholics go far enough in understanding just how bad Luther actually was at the time. He sided with the Prussians because they gave him a state where he didn't face persecution, and that's the only reason he was successful. You also haven't read about what Lutherans did to the Catholic missions and monasteries throughout Scandinavia.

Anyways you are no longer in Prince George? Campbell River is on Vancouver Island is it not? I heard some of the biggest Black Bears in the world are there

No, I am still in PG. We took a trip down to spread my fathers ashes per his request in his will. Half are out to sea at willow point, and the other half are with my mom's plot in the PG cemetary.

I understand your complaint about homosexuality but when the ECLA votes to accept practicing homosexual priests and bishops, they are among lost.
Ben Kenobi

Postby evolution8 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Ben Kenobi wrote:
Hi Ben, it's nice to see you back!
What have you been doing?

Well I was working full-time for John Hof and Campaign life but he had to let me go. Other than that my family went down to spread my dad's ashes in Campbell River. It looks like I'll be working for the public library here doing inventory control.

I've applied at Weyland Baptist out in Lubbock for my teacher training, hopefully will get in. If accepted I should be able to get in on a student visa.

God bless,
Sean

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. sad1
Will continue to pray for you and your family. I hope you'll get in at Weyland Baptist.

God bless you too! angel5
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill Whatcott » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Ben Kenobi wrote:I'm a convert from the Mennonite church, Luther used to execute Mennonites for denying Christian baptism. I don't think Catholics go far enough in understanding just how bad Luther actually was at the time. He sided with the Prussians because they gave him a state where he didn't face persecution, and that's the only reason he was successful. You also haven't read about what Lutherans did to the Catholic missions and monasteries throughout Scandinavia.

Anyways you are no longer in Prince George? Campbell River is on Vancouver Island is it not? I heard some of the biggest Black Bears in the world are there

No, I am still in PG. We took a trip down to spread my fathers ashes per his request in his will. Half are out to sea at willow point, and the other half are with my mom's plot in the PG cemetary.

I understand your complaint about homosexuality but when the ECLA votes to accept practicing homosexual priests and bishops, they are among lost.

Aaahhhh, Lutherans, Catholics, Calvinists alike all shared in the shedding of innocent blood in those days Ben. I have little interest in re-hashing the 30 year, 100 year or various other years wars between the Catholics and Protestants..... sleepy2

In the beginning actually Lutherans were fighting in self defense.....

As for the sins committed against Mennonites? Romans Catholics and Zwinglians were the ones most guilty of murdering them. Zwingli drowned them and RCs burned them at the stake. While Luther was no friend of theirs, nor was he an icon of tolerance, as far as I know he never got into murdering anyone over theological differences. What Lutheran Princes did after his death I am not so sure. Still as far as I know in Lutheran lands the mass murder of Anabaptists never happened. I think some may have been imprisoned. In Munster Germany the Lutheran armies might have been involved in a massacre but those Anabaptists weren't exactly the pacifist Mennonite types. I think they thought they were invisable and took off their clothes and charged the Lutheran army with weapons when the Lutherans were sent there to restore order. Anyways the Reformation makes interesting history but hardly something I am judging any church on today.....

To read more about the murder of Anabaptists/ Mennonites:
http://books.google.ca/books?id=Eah42WM ... es&f=false
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ben Kenobi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:51 pm

"In Munster Germany the Lutheran armies might have been involved in a massacre but those Anabaptists weren't exactly the pacifist Mennonite types."

Why do you think that Menno Simons had to fear for his life in Protestant Germany? He wasn't in the south.

Martin Luther also reported the calumny to the Council of Trent that anabaptists denied Christian baptism. They use the same words that Luther did. I'm not convinced that the Catholic church had any direct contact with the Mennonites. They were invited to the Council, but it appears to be that the Catholics relied on the Lutherans to form their opinion of Mennonites.

Anyways, I won't argue futher, but Luther isn't somehow 'special' for those days. He's just as guilty as Henry VIII wrt to persecuting those who did not share his beliefs.
Ben Kenobi

Postby Tory_canuck » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:26 am

For any self defence, I don;t carry anything that could lawfully be considered a weapon since I dont want to get kicked out.I carry my vehicle keys with the necklace key chain which I could wrap around my wrist and hold the big key in between two fingers and use it to jab should the need arise.I also own a expandable baton although I dont carry it everywhere.
Tory_canuck
FNA Employee
FNA Employee

Previous

Return to Gatherings and Activism