Cecil the lion put in perspective with pictures

Our national media, academia and courts are biased. Talk about it here!

Cecil the lion put in perspective with pictures

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 am

This dead lion, killed by Dr. Walter Palmer is not a tragedy.

Killing a controlled number of lions is good for wildlife control and provides much needed jobs and revenue for the Zimbabwean economy. The only problem with this hunt by Dr. Palmer is that he appears to have (based on my readings) taken a shot at the lion during the night and did not see its collar indicating it was part of a control group and not to be hunted. One of the employees might have also used a carcass to lure the lion to Dr. Palmer. I don't have a problem with baiting predators in general. I used bait when I shot my bear. Nothing in the Bible says you can't use different techniques to increase your chances of getting the wild animal you wish to harvest. The reality is Dr. Palmer paid $70,000 US for a legal hunt and when one pays that kind of money there is an expectation that they have a high probability of being able to take a shot.

If one of the employees of the hunting outfit contracted by Dr. Palmer used the bait illegally in a national park to lure a protected lion out of the park as some media claim, that is another matter. Charges should be laid against the operator (not necessarily Dr. Palmer as he may not have known) but even that indiscretion does not merit international news. At any rate according to the story below it only looks like the hunters found and legally used a dead elephant to bait the lion and the lion left the national park on its own. If that is the case Dr. Palmer should only pay a fine for shooting a collared lion in the dark and forfeit his trophy. That would be more than enough punishment.

An apparently balanced story on what happened and how Cecil was shot with a crossbow by Dr Palmer
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world ... big-enough

Here is what some of the media elite have to say about the person at the center of this story.

"Dr Palmer makes me puke. He’s just a smirking, vile, callous assassin with no heart, -- We would all take a bow and fire a few arrows into his limbs to render him incapable of movement. Then we’d calmly walk over, skin him alive, cut his head from his neck, and take a bunch of photos of us all grinning inanely at his quivering flesh."
Piers Morgan, Former CNN Anchor

Piers Morgan wrote this vile screed wishing violence and harm on a man he doesn't even know, beyond an incomplete news story in the UK's Daily Telegraph newspaper. Interestingly, I posted a comment on the Daily Telegraph's website a year or so ago politely challenging the assumption made by the paper that a man who got so-called gender reassignment surgery is now a "heterosexual woman." I corrected the writer of the story and said if the transgender had sex with a man after his surgery, the sex would be homosexual in nature because he is still a biological man, notwithstanding his surgery. I launched into no personal attack and did not call for violence against anyone, yet my comment was deleted from the paper's website within a minute of me posting it. No doubt if Piers Morgan launched into a tirade as vicious as this one directed at the hunter (but directed it at a homosexual instead), the hate speech would not be published by this newspaper. By the way Piers Morgan is on record as supporting abortion.

"I hope that #WalterPalmer loses his home, his practice & his money. He has already lost his soul."
Sharon Osborne, wife of Ozzy Osbourne, TV show host

This comment is fascinating coming from a celebrity who admits to having murdered one of her own children by abortion. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with hunting and killing animals, including lions. My morals are guided by the teaching of Christianity. I believe God gave us divine revelation in His Sacred Scripture and that we are to interpret the Scripture with the guidance of His Holy Catholic Church. The church is clear killing humans is murder (thou shall not murder, Exodus 20:13). Killing animals (including lions) is not murder, nor is it prohibited (Kill and eat, Acts 10:13). The only crime I can see in shooting Cecil the lion is that Dr. Palmer was careless shooting in the dark when he could not see the collar. He failed in his duty to be certain this was not a protected lion. Dr. Palmer is guilty of poor conservation practice, Sharon Ozborne on the other hand is guilty of murder. I am sure in spite of her crime that Sharon now says she regrets, she still desires to be shown grace. Nowhere did Sharon ever suggest that her wealth, career and home should be taken away from her because she made the decision to kill her baby. While Sharon is on record as regretting her abortion she appears to be silent on the Planned Parenthood selling aborted baby parts for profit scandal.

"What a complete scumbag Walter Palmer is. I hope the next dental procedure he does is cleaning his molars with a shotgun."
Jim Norton, Comedian and actor

While wishing death on Dr Palmer, Norton is silent on abortion beyond a few f--- word laden jokes on the subject.

Here is a real tragedy. This child and millions like him are murdered in the USA, Canada and the UK, for any and every reason, every year and then his body parts and organs are sold for profit.

Not a single media personality including the three above have a thing to say about the murder of babies and the sale of their body parts. As for the Daily Mail covering the recent videos exposing Planned Parenthood's complicity in this trade? While the Daily Mail ran Piers Morgan's commentary wishing death on an American hunter the paper has no commentaries on the subject of selling aborted baby body parts. The paper only has two Associated Press articles that are buried on the site and can only be found using a deliberate search with the words "Planned Parenthood." Both articles sanitize what Planned Parenthood did and appear sympathetic towards the judge who ordered the restraining order preventing the release of more videos exposing the selling of body parts for profit.

Image Image
Here is a tragedy that happens daily in South Africa. The picture to the left is Olga Gwena when she was alive. The picture to the right is of her murder. I could only find one news story on her tragic and senseless death.

Olga was abducted when she went to South Africa looking for work and was set on fire after her family paid a ransom to try to get her back. The news story went on to quote a Zimbabwean Embassy official as saying the government of Zimbabwe has no money to help the now destitute family (as they gave everything to try to get their loved one back) with repatriating the body to Zimbabwe from South Africa. However, the government that can't help their own citizens (who are now broke and grieving) repatriate their family member's body is the same government that smells the western media manufactured controversy and suddenly they have money to extradite a non-violent white American who legally purchased his hunting tags and paid thousands of dollars to the government of Zimbabwe for the privilege to hunt there.

Interestingly the Conservative Tribune contacted several businesses in Zimbabwe to get their take on Cecil the lion. The response from all of them was they never heard of Cecil and they didn't care as lions are killed all the time and the country has bigger problems, such as 80% unemployment and a corrupt government. Some businesses stated they supported big game hunting as it brings much needed revenue to their economy.
http://conservativetribune.com/zimbabwe ... -the-lion/

It should also be noted white hunters in South Africa are not Zimbabwe's poaching problem. The whites who visit the country generally conduct their hunts within the country's regulations and bring millions of dollars and thousands of jobs to the country's economy. Local blacks are generally the ones who are the poachers and some of them make Dr. Palmer look like a saint.

In 2013 more than a dozen poachers (all black and indigenous to Zimbabwe) were arrested for dumping cyanide into water holes and killing 300 elephants and other endangered animals this way. In spite of the sheer scale of the slaughter, these poachers mostly made local news and only passing mention in the international media. This sort of poaching is a regular occurrence in Zimbabwe. The Dr. Palmer's of this world are not the problem and in fact the money they bring into the failed state help's with the nation's animal conservation programs.

Petrus Holz was murdered on his way to work in Johannesburg, South Africa, the same week Cecil the lion was killed.

Petrus was actually only one of a dozen police officers murdered in Johannesburg the same month Cecil the Lion was shot and killed. Petrus' wife and children are reported to be devastated with the loss of their beloved family member. South African media has a total of two stories on Petrus' murder and there is no story on Petrus in the North American or British media. It can be noted tens of thousands of white South Africans have been raped, mutilated, and murdered; often with overt racial overtones since the end of Apartheid. The twenty years of mass killing of whites in South Africa has resulted in fewer stories in the international media than the killing of this one lion. As far as the western media is concerned (and the South African media for that matter) white lives don't matter.

The sign "Cat lives matter" just about says it all. The inordinate affection towards animals and their humanization seems to be coinciding with the dehumanization of human beings in the post Christian west. Note two signs wishing death and eternal damnation for the dentist who it should be noted apologized for his poorly executed hunt, indicated he wants to co-operate with the investigation, and is probably more than willing to compensate the Zimbabwean government for his mistake. The mob whipped up by the media can care less about the doctor's contrition, they are not really interested in impartial justice, they only want to destroy the man.

Woman (far left) call's for the extradition of a fellow American to a corrupt African country with a notoriously corrupt judicial system, not because he murdered a human being or defrauded someone of their life savings (the sort of crimes that merit extradition), but because he shot a lion that he legally purchased a tag for. Man (to the right) holds a sign calling trophy hunters cowards. Many big game hunters are soldiers and police officers who do recreational hunting when they are off duty. Those who serve in war zones and on America's mean streets strike me as far braver and they face greater danger in the course of their service than the Hollywood celebrities who have no courage to challenge politically correct falsehoods, or take a public stand for an unpopular cause that is morally just. The only thing western celebrities can do is send vitriol and wishes for death to a hapless hunter they don't know, and then somehow think they did something "propgressive," because they don't like the fact he shot a lion. :icon_rolleyes: --The shouting woman in the middle is the funniest of the crowd. Her sign reads "I am Cecil." This could be true if Cecil were to come across her when he was hungry. Cecil was a lion who did not romanticize humans or develop an inordinate affection towards them. Had Cecil found the shouting woman when he was on the hunt she could have indeed become Cecil or put another way Cecil could have become her. As the old saying goes, "You are what you eat."

"Who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever."
Romans 1:25
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cecil the lion put in perspective with pictures

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 am

Ten more days and $40 more dollars to go for the bike. The Bibles have already been purchased and will hopefully be given to my children this coming Wednesday! :thankyou:
http://gogetfunding.com/help-bill-get-f ... d-a-bible/
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:24 am

Whatcott's Thursday commentary on Cecil the Lion's life vs human lives that should matter:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10423
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Doc Notgay » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:09 pm

There's a lot of self-righteous hate out there. Too bad they wouldn't stand up for the important things.

I wonder if any of them would stand up for God's prayer at council meetings? thinking2
Doc Notgay
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Return to Left Wing Bias