Cardinal Dolan to march with sodomites at St. Patrick Parade

All discussions and news pertaining to religion can go here!

Cardinal Dolan to march with sodomites at St. Patrick Parade

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:07 pm

Image Image
Cardinal Timothy Dolan (picture left) doesn't pass moral judgments on sodomite behaviour and he is cool with out and proud ones marching in a parade that is supposed to honour a great Catholic saint. Sodomites (picture right) in the tax funded Toronto homosexual shame parade.

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
Romans 1:26, 27

New York Cardinal Dolan welcomes gay activist participation in St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Life Site News
Fri Sep 5, 2014
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/new-yo ... -397379515

History is repeating itself in New York but with very different outcomes. Back in 1993 large sponsors threatened to pull out of the St. Patrick’s Day parade if homosexual activists were not permitted to march with their banners. Then Cardinal John O’Connor would not permit it. But today, amidst the same threats, Cardinal Timothy Dolan has acquiesced.

Homosexual activist group OUT@NBCUniversal is scheduled to march in the world’s largest St. Patrick’s Day parade next March 17 with a banner identifying itself, according to a September 3 statement shared by parade organizers with LifeSiteNews.

Members of Out@NBCUniversal march in New York City's 2014 Gay Pride parade. Out@NBCUniversal's Facebook page
Cardinal Dolan was officially named the 2015 parade’s grand marshal at a reception at the New York Athletic Club later the same day.

“I have no trouble with the decision at all,” Cardinal Dolan said at an evening news conference announcing his appointment as grand marshal. “I think the decision is a wise one.”

The Archdiocese did not respond to LifeSiteNews’ request for comment on the parade committee’s decision and Cardinal Dolan’s choice to remain grand marshal of the parade.

However the archdiocese published a statement by Cardinal Dolan September 3 on its website:

The Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Committee continues to have my confidence and support. Neither my predecessors as Archbishop of New York nor I have ever determined who would or would not march in this parade (or any of the other parades that march along Fifth Avenue, for that matter), but have always appreciated the cooperation of parade organizers in keeping the parade close to its Catholic heritage. My predecessors and I have always left decisions on who would march to the organizers of the individual parades. As I do each year, I look forward to celebrating Mass in honor of Saint Patrick, the Patron Saint of Ireland, and the Patron Saint of this Archdiocese, to begin the feast, and pray that the parade would continue to be a source of unity for all of us.

Cardinal O’Connor, when confronted during the 1993 parade by homosexual activists holding a sit-in, said, according to the New York Times, that he “could never even be perceived as compromising Catholic teaching” by allowing them to march under a homosexual banner.

The Times reported: “The Hibernians and Cardinal O'Connor have said there is no place for a gay contingent in the parade because it is a Catholic event and the church teaches that homosexual acts are sinful.”

At his Mass on St. Patrick’s Day that year, the cardinal said, “Neither respectability nor political correctness is worth one comma in the Apostles’ Creed.”

Reaction to Cardinal Dolan’s decision has come from many lay Catholics concerned for the faith and also for the confusing message being conveyed.

National Catholic Register columnist Pat Archbold called the decision and the cardinal’s participation an endorsement of the gay identity.

“It is a shameful and sinful capitulation by the parade organizers and Cardinal Dolan,” Archbold wrote.

“If a parade that is meant to honor a great saint is being used to promote a sinful agenda, it should be cancelled rather than allow it to be used in such a way,” he said. “It is one thing for a parade committee to fold under pressure, but it is quite another that the Cardinal Archbishop of New York would be asked to lend his name and office to the parade. Such an action can be viewed in no other way than total capitulation to gay identity groups.”

Philip Lawler, director of Catholic Culture and editor for Catholic World News, called for the Archdiocese of New York to sever ties with the St. Patrick’s Day Parade.

“You don’t honor a saint by encouraging a sin,” Lawler said in his column. “If this really is a Catholic event, it cannot include a group defined by its opposition to Church teaching. If it is a Catholic event, forget Guinness, forget NBC, forget the hoopla, and quietly honor St. Patrick.”

Click "like" to support Catholics Restoring the Culture!

Similar criticisms of Cardinal Dolan errupted in March of this year when he offered public congratulations to college football player Michael Sam after his announcement that he is homosexual.

Asked about Sam’s decision, Dolan said: “Good for him. I would have no sense of judgment on him. God bless ‘ya. The same Bible that teaches about the virtues of chastity and the virtue of fidelity and marriage also tells us not to judge people,” he added. “So I would say, ‘Bravo.'”

The Archdiocese of New York told LifeSiteNews at the time that this did not mean the cardinal was unconcerned about Church teaching on homosexuality.

The Catholic Church officially teaches that homosexual acts are gravely sinful and that such sins endanger a person’s eternal life.

Homosexual activists first tried to march with banners positively identifying homosexuality in 1990. Over the years they have staged protests claiming the parade is not inclusive. Most recently, in 2014, New York Mayor Bill De Blasio boycotted the event, and sponsors Guinness and Heineken withdrew as parade sponsors.

Parade organizers are reported to have been pressured by employees of NBCUniversal, which broadcasts the parade, to show it is more inclusive.

The committee says the decision to allow the homosexual group from NBC was an effort to address the issue and move forward. “This change of tone and expanded inclusiveness is a gesture of goodwill to the LGBT community in our continuing effort to keep the parade above politics as it moves into its 253rd year, all the while remaining loyal to church teachings and the principles that have guided the parade committee for so many decades,” it said.
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cardinal Dolan to march with sodomites at St. Patrick Pa

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:18 pm

I studied the life, conversion and missionary work of St. Patrick when I was in seminary. St. Patrick is about self sacrifice, concern for others and selfless courage. He risked his life and endured hardship to bring the Gospel to pagans who kidnapped him. St. Patrick is the antithesis of the North American sodomite activist movement actually. Dolan does a great disservice to the saint by participating in the parade and allowing it to be used by sodomites who wish to use the event to flaunt their identity and push their agenda.
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LoveTruth » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Judgement of Roman Catholicism and the Vatican:
Revelation 18 family1

The Fall of Babylon
18 After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was made bright with his glory. 2 And he called out with a mighty voice,

“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great!
She has become a dwelling place for demons,
a haunt for every unclean spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast.
3 For all nations have drunk
the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality,
and the kings of the earth have committed immorality with her,
and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the power of her luxurious living.”
4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,

“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;
5 for her sins are heaped high as heaven,
and God has remembered her iniquities.
6 Pay her back as she herself has paid back others,
and repay her double for her deeds;
mix a double portion for her in the cup she mixed.
7 As she glorified herself and lived in luxury,
so give her a like measure of torment and mourning,
since in her heart she says,
‘I sit as a queen,
I am no widow,
and mourning I shall never see.’
8 For this reason her plagues will come in a single day,
death and mourning and famine,
and she will be burned up with fire;
for mighty is the Lord God who has judged her.”
9 And the kings of the earth, who committed sexual immorality and lived in luxury with her, will weep and wail over her when they see the smoke of her burning. 10 They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say,

“Alas! Alas! You great city,
you mighty city, Babylon!
For in a single hour your judgment has come.”
11 And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn for her, since no one buys their cargo anymore, 12 cargo of gold, silver, jewels, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, scarlet cloth, all kinds of scented wood, all kinds of articles of ivory, all kinds of articles of costly wood, bronze, iron and marble, 13 cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, oil, fine flour, wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and slaves, that is, human souls.

14 “The fruit for which your soul longed
has gone from you,
and all your delicacies and your splendors
are lost to you,
never to be found again!”
15 The merchants of these wares, who gained wealth from her, will stand far off, in fear of her torment, weeping and mourning aloud,

16 “Alas, alas, for the great city
that was clothed in fine linen,
in purple and scarlet,
adorned with gold,
with jewels, and with pearls!
17 For in a single hour all this wealth has been laid waste.”
And all shipmasters and seafaring men, sailors and all whose trade is on the sea, stood far off 18 and cried out as they saw the smoke of her burning,

“What city was like the great city?”
19 And they threw dust on their heads as they wept and mourned, crying out,

“Alas, alas, for the great city
where all who had ships at sea
grew rich by her wealth!
For in a single hour she has been laid waste.
20 Rejoice over her, O heaven,
and you saints and apostles and prophets,
for God has given judgment for you against her!”
21 Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying,

“So will Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence,
and will be found no more;
22 and the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters,
will be heard in you no more,
and a craftsman of any craft
will be found in you no more,
and the sound of the mill
23 and the light of a lamp
will shine in you no more,
and the voice of bridegroom and bride
for your merchants were the great ones of the earth,
and all nations were deceived by your sorcery.
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints,
and of all who have been slain on earth.”
LoveTruth

Postby Doc Notgay » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Unfortunately Cardinal Dolan has again opened another door for homosexual activists to invade our Christian institutions and sway the undecided to lean toward acceptance of homosexuality. sad1
Doc Notgay
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby RevSpitz » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:16 pm

It is disgraceful. It must be difficult to be a Roman Catholic when your leaders are bowing down to the sodomites. Do you think the actions of Dolan point to his being a sodomite himself?
RevSpitz
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby LoveTruth » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:50 pm

It's difficult to be a Roman Catholic, period. So much bondage. A great many priests are homosexual. Looking at Dolan's mug in this pic makes me think he probably is one too deathhand .
LoveTruth

Postby Doc Notgay » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 am

Lets not gallop too far ahead without the facts. Only a small percent of Catholic priests are homosexual and it's the same in Protestant ministers (married or not). All institutions have a small amount of homosexual problems.
I don't think Cardinal Dolan is homosexual but rather that he's been hanging around city people too long. Their immoral liberal ideas begin to grow on people. :phew:
Doc Notgay
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby RevSpitz » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Who you call Protestants are not one church but many. Any homosexual would not be in any position of authority in a good number of non-Catholic churches. If they were and found out, they would be expelled. If they stayed, the people who believe it is an abomination would leave. There are denominations on both sides, but one doesn't have to be a member of any particular denomination or church to be saved. Catholics are stuck with their sodomites, as they believe they are the true church. One big anti-biblical error they make is that it is ok to be a sodomite as long as one remains celibrate. Whereas, born again churches believe we are made new in Christ. The Bible does say sodomites shall not inherit the kingdom of God, I would assume that means celibrate sodomites as well.
Last edited by RevSpitz on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RevSpitz
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby RevSpitz » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Who you call Protestants are not one church but many. Any homosexual would not be in any position of authority in a good number of non-Catholic churches. If they were and found out, they would be expelled. If they stayed, the people who believe it is an abomination would leave. There are denominations on both sides, but one doesn't have to be a member of any particular denomination or church to be saved. Catholics are stuck with their sodomites, as they believe they are the true church. One big anti-biblical error they make is that it is ok to be a sodomite as long as one remains celibrate. Whereas, born again churches believe we are made new in Christ. The Bible does say sodomites shall not inherit the kingdom of God, I would assume that means celibrate sodomites as well.
RevSpitz
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby HalleluYaH » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:26 pm

No surprise with the myriad of sex abuse cases against roman catholic so-called 'priests' of which almost 90% are on boys.

This is just one of the many violations against the Scriptures this cult is reticent to expose and rectify as it violates the Scriptures again as it ordains the forbidding of marriage. Teachings of demons ...

But the Spirit distinctly says that in latter times some shall fall away from the belief, paying attention to misleading spirits, and TEACHINGS OF DEMONS, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having been branded on their own conscience, FORBIDDING TO MARRY, saying to abstain from foods which Elohiym created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 1Ti 4:1-3

An episcopate, then, should be blameless, THE HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE, sober, sensible, orderly, kind to strangers, able to teach, 1 Tim 3:2

Yes ... And I heard another voice from the heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. Rev 18:4
HalleluYaH
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby Doc Notgay » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:46 pm

Rev. Spitz said:
"One big anti-biblical error they make is that it is ok to be a sodomite as long as one remains celibrate."

If Catholic and Protestant churches tossed out all the priests and ministers who had weaknesses, there wouldn't be any left.
Who's to say what character flaws are more sinful than others and if we are to judge the celibate then we are not judging their actions but rather the person.
Certainly get rid of the people who give in to their weaknesses, which the church has been doing, but when we condemn the celibate we condemn ourselves. Who is free of sin?
Doc Notgay
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby RevSpitz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:56 pm

It appears you are saying, it's ok to be a sodomite as long as one doesn't have sodomite sex? That is my understanding of the RCC teaching on the issue. Whereas, when one is born again, the old man dies and one is a new person in Christ.
RevSpitz
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby Doc Notgay » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:28 pm

We are born again when we are Baptized.
After that we are still stuck with our sinful bodies.

Are we to say that anyone who has an inclination to steal or commit adultery but doesn't give in to those sins should not be priests or ministers? What if they did sin a few times in their life but changed their ways after receiving God's graces?

Surely Bill Whatcott, who openly admits his sinful past, is good example.
Doc Notgay
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby Bill Whatcott » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Dear Rev Spitz, you are right that no one who is "pro-sodomite" should be in a position of authority. Pro-sodomite clerics in positions of authority in the Catholic church are a real source of scandal. In times past they were excommunicated, nowadays, conservative Catholics bemoan them and the Catholic hierarchy seems to retain/promote them. Lutheran Church Canada/Missouri Synod has a faithful man of God who is currently a Pastor and he is what you would call a "celibate sodomite." In actual fact Lutheran Pastor Tom Brock is celibate and therefore not a sodomite at all.

Pastor Tom Brock has unwanted homosexual tendencies. The Pastor attends a 12 step group to deal with his sexual disorder and has taken public stands against sodomite marriage and other sins related to the homosexual agenda. This Pastor's public preaching on these topics earned him the ire of homosexual activists and one of their journalists infiltrated the 12 step group the Pastor was attending and got the goods on him and got it published in the national media. The church did the right thing and after a brief suspension and investigation fully restored him to his role of Pastor. The man struggles with sin but the investigation revealed he lives an otherwise holy life and has not allowed his doctrine to be corrupted to rationalize the sin he struggles with.

Using your logic if struggling with a sin was grounds to expel someone from ministry we would also have to expel all pastors who struggle with adulterous desires too, as the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 6 lumps adultery in with homosexuality. Once both groups of Pastors have been expelled, I suspect few conservative pastors would be left as we all struggle with sinful tendencies of one sort or another and for men the sexual sin issue takes out a lot of us. 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 correctly condemns homosexuals and adulterers to Hell and those who practice and promote such abominations should not hold any office in the church. On the other hand I am glad the RC Church and Lutheran Church Missouri Synod allows those who struggle and who maybe some time in the past fell (in my thinking if one fell they should be chaste and stable for years before being considered for ministry) but does what it takes to remain holy and chaste to hold office. After all Christ had to come and die on a cross for us because we are all sinners. So, I am glad the RC Church and Lutheran Church Missouri Synod has their sodomites.

So long as the church is clear (in the RC case they are not clear at the moment) sodomy and adultery is a sin and one has to refrain from this sin or risk eternal damnation. So long as the struggling sodomites and adulterers are willing to accept this truth and not try to deceive the church into believing something else they are welcome! "And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." 1 Corinthians 6:11
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Doc Notgay » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Well said Bill.
The Catholic church has stood firm in it's belief that homosexual practice is a sin but it wouldn't hurt them to say it louder.
You will notice that the media takes any opportunity to attack the Catholic faith while they rarely mention other faiths. They always attack anyone who sticks to their roots.
Doc Notgay
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Next

Return to Religion