Whatcott Perspective: The Cruz-Fiorina ticket

News and commentary regarding political parties and politicians who may be fiscally conservative but not socially conservative.

Whatcott Perspective: The Cruz-Fiorina ticket

Postby Bill Whatcott » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:34 am

"After a great deal of consideration and prayer, I have come to the conclusion that if I am nominated to be President of the United States that I will run on a ticket with my Vice Presidential nominee Carly Fiorina," Ted Cruz

Notwithstanding the obvious fact that Ted Cruz's candidacy is virtually finished, I find it interesting Ted Cruz picked Carly Fiorina, a woman who is a little more socially liberal than "evil" Donald Trump to be his fantastical Vice President running mate.

I also note Ted Cruz made an alliance with pro-transgender, pro-abortion, social liberal, John Kasich in an unethical and ultimately failed attempt to deny Donald Trump the delegates he needed to win an uncontested nomination.

From my perspective it is intellectually dishonest to accuse Donald Trump of being a “moral compromiser,” because of his positions on abortion and homosexuality and then accept Carly Fiorina as a Vice Presidential running mate. On the other hand why shouldn't Ted Cruz and his supporters cheer Carly Fiorina as a “moral choice” and cheer her as a staunch social conservative? The National Right to Life thinks Fiorina is great and gave their endorsement to her, even though on social issues she strikes me as a little worse than Trump.

For the record after Donald Trump said he is cool with gender confused men being allowed into women's bathrooms, I have cooled towards him. Still, if I was an American I would likely vote for Trump anyways just to spite the pompous hypocrites in the Cruz camp who back stabbed a true conservative like Phyllis Schlafly and who are trying to expel her from the Eagle Forum group that she founded because she dared to endorse Donald Trump. I doubt very much the God of the Bible is happy with some of the nastiness the “Christian” Cruz supporters displayed towards fellow Christians who chose not to endorse their candidate.

Those in the Cruz camp attacking pro-life conservative icon Phyllis Schlafly are clearly blinded by their partisanship and have forgotten her massive contribution to the conservative cause.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/phyllis-schl ... gle-forum/

While Phyllis is in court fighting against those who should be her friends, I took some flak myself for daring to go against the flow and endorsing Donald Trump. I've been accused of being a "non-Christian" and having "bad moral character" for allegedly "compromising on moral issues” and overlooking Donald Trump's “sins" by supporting him. This coming from folks living comfortable middle class lives and who were no where to be seen when I spent 4 1/2 years of my life picketing almost daily at Toronto's abortion mills. Nor did I notice the Cruz supporters putting their careers on the line when I had my nursing career taken away from me by a Planned Parenthood court action. Most of the Cruz supporters questioning the faith and morals of Trump supporters where enjoying the west's materialism when I lost everything I owned in my battle with homosexual activists in the human rights commission and Supreme Court of Canada. Indeed, I noted the Cruz supporters who are hot on social media tossing mud at Trump supporters were not with me in jail either, when I was there in solidarity with North America's unborn children, who are indeed denied justice.

But here is the real crux of the Cruz vs Trump issue as I see it now. As I said from the beginning, I believed Ted Cruz to be an establishment guy, who will say good things, but not actually deliver. I believe his running mate Carly Fiorina speaks to my concern in spades.....

I will let Carly Fiorina's own public record speak for itself: On abortion Carly Fiorina is identical to Donald Trump with one caveat. Both Fiorina and Trump publicly support murdering babies who are conceived through rape and incest. Fiorina only differs from Trump on the abortion issue in one area. Donald Trump publicly floated the idea of holding women who murder their unborn children criminally responsible (until National Right to Life and a whack of other "pro-life" cowards and mentally inconsistent folks slapped him down for saying such a thing). Fiorina has always been enough of a politician to never say or support such a logical and life affirming position.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... -believes/

On homosexuality Fiorina is worse than Trump (who from God's point of view is bad enough).

Here is Fiorina in her own words,

"I do believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, but also have been consistent and clear that I support civil unions for gay and lesbian couples."

Of course the problem is when you reject God's Word on homosexuality and want to give state recognition to what is an abomination you have already compromised so badly you might as well join Obama in supporting homosexual marriage.

Indeed the sodomite domestic partnership supporting Carly Fiorina is so badly compromised that beyond muttering "I do believe that marriage is between a man and a woman," she is actually quite useless from a Biblical and practical point of view on defending even the the actual institution of marriage.

When Kentucky Court Clerk Kim Davis chose to represent God and the will of the people of Kentucky rather than bow to the illegal action of the United States Supreme Court after they imposed sodomite marriage on the nation, Carly Fiorina had this to say about her fellow Christian Kim Davis' stand:

"On Hugh Hewitt’s radio show, Fiorina urged Davis to follow the law or resign: “While I disagree with this court’s decision, their actions are clear. And so I think in this particular case, this woman now needs to make a decision that’s [about] conscience: Is she prepared to continue to work for the government, be paid for by the government, in which case she needs to execute the government’s will, or does she feel so strongly about this that she wants to sever her employment with the government and go seek employment elsewhere."

In my opinion if a Cruz/Fiorina ticket is what passes for pure and uncompromised Republican conservatism nowadays, then America's Republican movement is irrelevant and America might as well have Hillary Clinton as President for the next four years.

My advice (subject to reasonable Cruz supporters letting me know where I got it wrong without pontificating that I am doomed to hell) is get over the bitterness, accept Ted Cruz will not be the Republican nominee, and start working with Donald Trump and his supporters to get an imperfect but lots of potential conservative President into the White House.

I believe that in return for supporting Donald Trump, social conservatives will have earned the right to hold Trump's feet to the fire, letting him know that you expect him to make good on the many promises he made to those of us who value life and religious liberty.

We expect Donald Trump to honor his commitments to:

Defund Planned Parenthood if they do abortions (we all know they do them)
Protect religious liberty against homosexual activism
Enact the Trump tax plan ending tax discrimination against married couples and reduce the
unfair tax burden on small businesses
Protect the 2nd Amendment

Or the alternative is self destruct the conservative movement and get Hillary Clinton for your next President.

In Christ's Service
Bill Whatcott

“Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil."
Proverbs 3:9
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Conservative Party and Candidate News