'Christian' singer promotes being gay

News and discussion on issues such as abortion, homosexuality, euthanasia, marriage, divorce, animal rights, etc.

'Christian' singer promotes being gay

Postby HalleluYaH » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Vicky Beeching - the British singer who's one of the biggest stars of America's Christian rock scene says she's gay. In her own words, she explains why she's determined to be part of change within the church itself.

“I feel certain God loves me just the way I am, and I have a huge sense of calling to communicate that to young people.” said the 35-year-old Anglican, who recently left the Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) world to become a TV news commentator, but still makes a living from royalties when American churches sing her worship songs.

Beeching, who sings the popular worship song “Glory to God Forever,” described experiencing same-sex attraction starting at age 13 and going on to feel conflicted in evangelical settings, where church leaders would pray against the “demon of homosexuality” they believed to be within her.

Romans 1:26 Because of this Elohiym gave them over to degrading passions. For even their women exchanged natural relations for what is against nature
HalleluYaH
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Re: 'Christian' singer promotes being gay

Postby Bill Whatcott » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:54 am

"All I want to do is play whatever small part I can to help people rethink their beliefs around sexuality; to stir people to reexamine doctrines that need a second look. I don’t see myself as a “liberal” as I value the Bible highly and hold to many of the same views that evangelical Christians do. I just think we’ve misinterpreted the Scriptures that talk about sexuality – as many people did with the Bible passages about women in leadership.'"
Vicky Beeching

Right, you think you got it right and 2000 years worth of theologians ranging from St. Paul to St. Augustine to Pope John Paul II, to Francis Schaffer, to Billy Graham all got it wrong on homosexuality. Maybe you got a "conflict of interest" given that you engage in these sexual activities yourself...... thinking2

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."
1 Corinthians 6:9,10
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 'Christian' singer promotes being gay

Postby Ebedmelech » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:03 am

I was identifying as a "trans"Christian and like many gay & trans people tried believing God loved me just the way I am. I had sought to reconcile my gender transition with God attending churches that were accepting and tolerant of gay & trans people. Unfortunately I felt unfulfilled sensing these churches were avoiding and compromising God's truth in favor of political social activism and liberal post modern world views.

God's Holy Spirit of truth was doing a work in my heart,initiating thoughts completely opposite to today's worldly post modern thinking.Opening and reading God's words for myself was an arrow of divine truth piercing my soul, initiating a thought process completely opposite to that of today's post modern gender & sexuality. I was being convicted and chastened,shown by God's law my gender change was an illusion, a work of the flesh, and a grievous sin and transgression against God. I was learning of the need to seek reconciliation with God rather than rebelling and fleeing from His absolute truth,and began acknowledging my perceived innate gender condition as sexual sin warring against my now realized never dying soul. Understanding God's laws & commandments are just, written with wisdom and one must know God's truth to comprehend his grace & mercy.

I was lead to repentance,to believe on Christ's crucifixion and resurrection,and to love and obey God's commandments. God's Holy Spirit,is the only explanation for my profound change of heart as only God could do this work,enabling me to write these words and witness His absolute truth,grace,mercy and love.I was saved from never ending guilt and now thank the Lord Jesus Christ daily for coming to this earth, and paying the ultimate price for mine and the sins of mankind. I thank the Lord for who I am and for God's many blessings in my life despite the emotional & physical consequences and ensuing challenges.
Ebedmelech
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Return to Moral Issues