Whatcott's picture for PayPal gets him banned from Facebook

News and discussion on issues such as abortion, homosexuality, euthanasia, marriage, divorce, animal rights, etc.

Whatcott's picture for PayPal gets him banned from Facebook

Postby Bill Whatcott » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:08 am

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done."
Romans 1:28-28
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A picture for PayPal

Postby Bill Whatcott » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:49 am

Dear Friends,

This accurate medical picture just got me banned from Facebook for 24 hours. This is the paragraph I wrote to them in protest of this unjust censorship.

My picture was an accurate medical picture, taken from a medical website. My picture should be considered a public service and not nudity or any other sort of violation of community standards. Facebook allows graphic violence and pictures of diseases from smoking. If my picture of a disease related to irresponsible sexual behaviour is censored it is disingenuous censorship!
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Whatcott's picture for PayPal gets him banned from Faceb

Postby Bill Whatcott » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:15 am

Dear Friends,

Upon further reflection I would like to share these thoughts with you....

Facebook is truly not a friend of real freedom, nor is it consistent in its enforcement of so-called community standards. Recently I reported a Pakistani spammer who was posting messages on National Post promising big money on the internet. I looked over his Facebook profile and he had an extremely graphic and horrific video of a woman having her stomach and pelvic area stabbed and slit open with a knife. I watched for a minute as it was realistic enough that I thought it could be an actual snuff film (murder). Anyways, I am not a terribly sensitive guy, but looking at the video for a minute and shutting it off before it finished left me feeling pretty shook up and concerned that it was real, so I reported it to Facebook.

I got a response back a day later that Facebook reviewed the video and decided that a graphic depiction of a woman being stabbed in the pelvic area and then stabbed in the stomach and opened up "Did not violate community standards."

Meh, well if that kind of gruesome horror is ok, surely my picture of a medical condition common amongst homosexuals, complete with a Bible verse would be ok???? Nope, I not only got deleted, I got banned for 24 hours.

"Show me a sign of your favor, that those who hate me may see and be put to shame because you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me."
Psalm 86:17
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby evolution8 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:47 am

They have an option not to look at the picture instead of whining and have you banned on Facebook. And also I guess the truth hurts and James Spaith Jr.couldn't stand it. smile1

BTW hon, have you unfriended James on Facebook?
evolution8
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill Whatcott » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:00 pm

evolution8 wrote:They have an option not to look at the picture instead of whining and have you banned on Facebook. And also I guess the truth hurts and James Spaith Jr.couldn't stand it. smile1

BTW hon, have you unfriended James on Facebook?

Yes, I did, but I wish I didn't have to do that. While I can't tolerate a "friend" who will take offense and report my posts while freely exercising his "free speech" on my page, I will miss some of the more lively debates that I had with him..... sad1

I hope another Christian comes his way who will be able to reach out to him....
Bill Whatcott
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Moral Issues