Priest called 'predatorial pedophile' by victim gets 4 years

News and discussion on issues such as abortion, homosexuality, euthanasia, marriage, divorce, animal rights, etc.

Postby zip.com » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:02 pm

delete
Abortion: The Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.
zip.com
FNA Employee
FNA Employee

Postby zip.com » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:09 pm

\"Bill Whatcott\" wrote:
\"paisley_cross\" wrote:
\"zip.com\" wrote:The Catholic church doesn't "hire" priests. The priesthood is a vocation -- a calling.

How do you explain pederasts getting in the priesthood if it is a "calling"?

First off Zip, I never said the Pope erred in this manner. To the contrary he is teaching the truth.

You IMPLIED such when you wrote that homosexuality is being accepted in the church. It is not.

I will repeat myself and say many priests and bishops in Canada are either openly pro-homosexual or else they are not very brave and completely silent on the issue.

If they are OPENLY homosexual they would be ex-communicated. What catholic church do you know that operates with openly gay priests? I know of none.

The Quebec dissenting Bishops may very well be on their way to hell, but as of today they are not excommunicated (officially) for the Church. They are still wearing their clerical collars and preaching liberal heresy on the parishioner's dime.

Yes, they were. I will get you the data on that. They can wear their "clerical collars" all they want, it doesn't mean jack. They are not a part of the Catholic church as far as the Vatican is concerned. They are leading a rogue congregation with some followers, is all.

To answer Paisley_Cross, the devil can wreck a good thing. Most priests enter the priesthood to serve the Lord. Most are certainly called by God. The vast majority are good men and are happy to live a life of chastity to serve Christ fully. As with everything sin has corrupted a good thing. The priesthood is a venerable institution. If you were the Devil wouldn't it seem like a good idea to send a few homosexuals and pedophiles to this vocation and corrupt it?
zip.com
FNA Employee
FNA Employee

Postby paisley_cross » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:37 am

\"Bill Whatcott\" wrote:To answer Paisley_Cross, the devil can wreck a good thing. Most priests enter the priesthood to serve the Lord. Most are certainly called by God. The vast majority are good men and are happy to live a life of chastity to serve Christ fully. As with everything sin has corrupted a good thing. The priesthood is a venerable institution. If you were the Devil wouldn't it seem like a good idea to send a few homosexuals and pedophiles to this vocation and corrupt it?

The Devil made me do it? That's the Catholic church's response for allowing child molesters into the priesthood?

Of more value would be better hiring practices to keep these predators out.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
paisley_cross
FNA Disciple
FNA Disciple

Postby zip.com » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:21 am

\"paisley_cross\" wrote:
\"Bill Whatcott\" wrote:To answer Paisley_Cross, the devil can wreck a good thing. Most priests enter the priesthood to serve the Lord. Most are certainly called by God. The vast majority are good men and are happy to live a life of chastity to serve Christ fully. As with everything sin has corrupted a good thing. The priesthood is a venerable institution. If you were the Devil wouldn't it seem like a good idea to send a few homosexuals and pedophiles to this vocation and corrupt it?

The Devil made me do it? That's the Catholic church's response for allowing child molesters into the priesthood?

No, of course it isn't. How silly and ridiculous to say that. The Church's response in the last few years has been to deal with it all -- finally. They have given out millions of dollars in compensation to the families and individuals who have suffered. But that is more than what the church used to do about it which is to ignore it. There is a no tolerance policy now that will remove a pedophile priest immediately when exposed.

The thing about this is that young children don't tell anyone for years because the priest holds a position of authority and trust. Maybe not as strong as in past years, but that authority and trust is still there to some extent. These poor children suffer in silence because they are so young and innocent and think it's their fault, or that it is right because a priest is doing it.

Anyway, at least the church as stood up and taken a position on these disgusting evil that has infiltrated the church. And not unlike a lot of other churches -- it's happening in every type of denomination. You just have to read the papers.

Of more value would be better hiring practices to keep these predators out.

I've answered this in the other post.

zip.com
FNA Employee
FNA Employee

Previous

Return to Moral Issues